Please prepare a Windows computer and components as below before we get started:
STEP1: Download Mind+ Programming Software
Open the webpage and download: http://mindplus.cc
STEP2: Install Driver
After downloaded and installed the software, open and click “Learning” to learn how to install driver(Follow the next step in the video).
Click to open Learning ->Video Tutorials.
Click the related tutorial, and play the video.
- Install the SerialPort driver according to the instruction.
And you just need to install the driver for once.
STEP3: Switch to “Offline” mode
- Click “Code” icon at the right corner to switch mode(The old version has been changed to “code”).
- Switched to Offline mode successfully（Seeing the Upload is successfully）.
STEP4: Select micro: bit
- Click “Project”-> “New Project” at the upper-left corner.
- Click “Extensions” at the lower-left corner
- Click “Board”
- Click “Micro: bit”
STEP5: Edit a simple program
Edit a program to display a pattern on micro: bit LED panel:
- Drag the blocks we do not need currently to “command area” to remove it.
- Click “micro: bit” module
- Drag “display pattern” block onto “Script” area.
- Place “display pattern” block under the “micro: bit starts” block
STEP6: Upload to device
- Connect micro: bit board to your computer via USB, then the power indicator on the board will light up.
- Click “Connect Device” in the menu bar, then click “COM-micro: bit” in the drop-down menu to connect micro: bit board to the computer.
- When connected, edit your programs and click “Upload” to upload the programs to your board (if the connection fails, then it will prompt “No Device Connected”. There will be a prompt box to display the uploading progress. When the program is updated, the prompt box will disappear.
micro: bit power indicator flashes only when uploading the program, and stops flashing and keeps ON after the upload is completed.
Try uploading a program to your micro: bit board, and make the board display an “love heart” for you!
- Result,The screen shows a heart icon.